Friday, March 02, 2007

Steak Soup-Crockpot

This is really more like a stew. You can use lean ground beef instead. It is also great that way. I have added more of some veggies and less of others depending on what I have. I have even used half of the amount of potatoes and it was great.

Steak Soup

(2-pound) package top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 cups water
5 baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
3 carrots, sliced
2 small onions, chopped
1 celery rib, chopped
1 cup frozen sweet green peas
1 (16-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
2 Tbs steak sauce (optional - we like A-1)
1
to 2 teaspoons pepper

Toss together steak and flour.

Brown steak in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes.

Stir together steak, 4 cups water, and remaining ingredients in a 5-quart slow cooker.

Cook, covered, at HIGH 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.



Yield: Makes 16 cups

Southern Living, NOVEMBER 1999

2 comments:

Miss Kitty said...

You mean to tell me you post hilarious commentary & pix on Crummy Church Sings, AND include awesoem recipes on your blog?!? Who could ask for anything more, Toyota?

Thanks for the soup recipe--just posted one for chicken curry on my blog the other day.

Les DuLunch said...

Thanks, Miss Kitty, I keep saying I'm going to post more. I just don't make the time. I've been working on a chili post for the past week; it'll be here sooner or later.