Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Good Eats


One Monday morning recently my brother called me at work and asked if I was busy the next day. That's always a hard question to answer, because you never know, somebody might need help moving a piano or something. As it turns out, "No, what's going on tomorrow?" was the right answer. He told me that a friend of his is also a friend of Alton Brown and that he had been asked to find a couple of people who could hang out at Turner Field (our local baseball stadium) with AB for a few hours. Of course, I jumped at the chance. I love to watch cooking shows, but if I could only watch one I'd probably pick Good Eats (OK, I would hope that AB had Jacques Pepin and Martin Yan as guests pretty often). I like that Brown explains the why of cooking and not just the how.
My brother had invited my mom also, and they can be seen directly behind AB in the stadium shots. I got to walk between the camera and AB while he is talking to his "special guest" (I'm the last person to walk past). I got a lot of pictures, but I thought this one was appropriate, and if you know Brown's background you probably will, too. I would have been willing to be an extra on pretty much any TV show, but if I had been asked to name one that I wanted to be on, I'd have had to flip a coin between this one and Heroes. I'm still waiting to hear from NBC.

No comments: